Encouraging, developing and supporting Palo Alto’s economic vitality
As the area’s leading voice of business, the Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce speaks on issues of importance to local and global businesses. Our membership ranges from large Fortune 500 firms to small, family-owned businesses. They share a common understanding: protecting and improving the Palo Alto business climate is the key to our future economic prosperity. Global businesses chose to headquarter in Palo Alto because we are the home of Silicon Valley, we have the infrastructure necessary to begin, grow and manage your business.
A strong local economy provides premier business connections and exposure to companies, law firms, venture capital firms and service providers that represent millions of employees around the world.
With our members continued support, we can ensure that Palo Alto and the Silicon Valley remain the best choice for business and a great place to live, work, play and raise a family.
SUPER BOWL 50
CIRQUE DU SOLEIL
Invite your clients, employees and partners to the KURIOS - Cabinet of Curiosities show by Cirque du Soleil. Get $10 off for regular and VIP tickets with this special promotion.
Using the provided link, members of the Chamber will be entitled to 10$ off for tickets to the KURIOS show. This special offer applies to both regular and VIP tickets. Click Here.
For more information, go to www.cirquedusoleil.com/
Coming in January
Nonprofit Seminar Series
The Palo Alto Chamber has partnered with Silicon Valley SCORE to offer a series of 9 seminars about starting and managing a nonprofit service organization or agency. The Seminars are designed to provide a comprehensive overview of essential elements to help start and grow a successful nonprofit.
Seminars Programs Include:
Nonprofit Financials: This course will focus on identifying and understanding required financial reports and filings for non-profit organizations. The course will also provide insights on budgeting, cash flow, financial analysis and accounting systems. Tax matters and the avoidance of scary tax and regulatory problems will be an important take away from our seminar. Overall, the seminar should provide a good introductory framework for non-profit entrepreneurs and professionals.
Nonprofit Volunteers: Attracting, engaging, and retaining volunteer staff.
- Nonprofit Funding: What your nonprofit does,-your programs,-is the highest priority for any nonprofit manager. Fundraising is the second. Learn methods and techniques for raising funds.
- Nonprofit Grant Writing I & II: Develop effective and winning grant requests.
- Nonprofit Social Media: Methods for implementing online marketing are discussed.
- Nonprofit Board: How to have a strong, contributing board.
- Nonprofit Management: This course discusses roles and responsibilities of the Board, Board Chair, Executive Director, Staff and Volunteers using the Strategic Plan and Mission as the basis.
- Nonprofit Planning-Strategic & Business Plans: Strategic planning is clarifying the purpose of an organization, where the organization wants to be in the future and how it is going to get there. The Business Plan details the goals and actions necessary to accomplish the Mission and Vision of the Strategic Plan.
More information and a link to register for these events will be available shortly.